Monday, January 11, 2010

Creamy Corn Chowder

Right now I am into hot foods and crock pot foods. Easy and so nice to eat something warm in this coldness!!

I got this recipe for Creamy Corn Chowder off the fabulous blog 365 Days of Slow Cooking. It's a great blog with lots and lots of fun recipes. I made a few teensy modifications, just because I found the recipe a little bit confusing so I made it easier to read for myself. Enjoy!

Creamy Corn Chowder
1 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1/2 in. pieces (uncooked)
1 11 oz. can whole kernel corn w/ sweet peppers, drained (also called "Mexicorn")
1 can condensed cream potato soup
1 4 oz. can diced green chile peppers
2 TBSP snipped fresh cilantro (I decided this was optional-I'm not a huge cilantro fan so I didn't put it in and I think it was fine without it)
1 1.25 oz envelope taco seasoning mix
1 can chicken broth
1 cup sour cream
4 oz. pkg. cheese spread w/ jalapeno peppers, cubed (I just used plain cream cheese)
1 can black beans (this was optional but I included them and I wouldn't want to do it without)

Combine chicken, corn, soup, undrained chile peppers, cilantro, taco seasoning, and (if you want) black beans. Stir in chicken broth. Cover; cook on low-heat setting for 5-6 hours. Stir sour cream and cheese into the mixture in cooker; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Stir with a whisk until combined.

*I didn't have any at the time but we thought it might be yummy served with some tortilla chips or even rice!

2 comments:

  1. This sounds delicious! We will have to try it! :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete