Saturday, January 2, 2010

Spicy Two Bean Chili

Oh my gosh! If you are a chili fan you will LOVE this! It was so so yummy! It makes alot-I just made it for my husband and I and there was ALOT leftover so plan accordingly. If its just a few of you, you might want to half the recipe.

Spicy Two Bean Chili
Source: Taste of Home Magazine

2 lbs ground beef
1 large onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
2 cans kidney beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans black beans, rinsed and drained
2 cans (10 oz each) diced tomatoes with green chilis, undrained
1 can (14.5 oz) chicken broth
1 can (8oz) tomato sauce
1/2 cup lime juice
6 Tbs cornmeal
1/4 cup chili powder
4 tsp dried oregano
3 tsp ground cumin
2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp pepper
hot cooked rice
shredded cheddar cheese


Brown meat with onions and garlic, then drain. Transfer to crock pot. Stir in the beans, tomatoes, broth, lime juice, cornmeal, and seasonings. Cover and cook on low for 8 hrs or until heated through. Serve with rice, sprinkle with cheese.

1 comment:

  1. I am excited to make this! Also excited for this blog! I want to cook more in 2010!!

    ReplyDelete